Best Grout Cleaners, lot’s of them out there but what should you be using? Cleaning the grout in your kitchen or bathroom is an ideal way to breathe new life into your existing tiling. Grout is the hard cement used in the joints between the tiles to waterproof them and give them a subtle finish. However, over time, grout can attract dirt and become discolored, especially if it is white. We are going to show you a range of ideas for cleaning your grout joints.
Before we get stuck into cleaning the actual grout joints, it is worth giving the whole area a good scrub down with soapy water to remove surface dirt, mold or soap residue. Use a non-abrasive pad or a brush to agitate the dirt.
It is amazing what you can do with just a good scrub, but if there is the limescale on the surface of the grout area, then you will need to remove this first using any household limescale remover.
Before using any specialist, cleaning products ensure that the product is suitable for the materials that you are cleaning. This is particularly important if you have marble surfaces once you have cleaned the surfaces and removed any limescale let the grout dry you may find this is all you needed to do. If the grout is still stained or discolored, it might be time to try something stronger.
Top 5 Grout Cleaners Currently Available
Every house with a tile surface should have a high-quality tile and grout cleaner on hand. Using a cleaner formulated exclusively for tile surfaces is one of the easiest ways to improve the appearance of your bathroom. It can also eliminate bacteria and extend the life of tiles.
In the market, you can easily find a dozen different types of cleaners that have formulation explicitly designed for tiles and grout cleaning.
Below I have discussed some of such powerful, professional cleaners.
Krud Kutter Cleaner & Degreaser (1 Gallon)
|Binding||Health and Beauty|
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 0617949823050|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 400; Length: 800; Weight: 400; Width: 400|
|Product Group||Health and Beauty|
|Product Type Name||HEALTH_PERSONAL_CARE|
|Title||Krud Kutter Cleaner & Degreaser (1 Gallon)|
|UPC List||UPC List Element: 617949823050|
Although it is marketed and popular among people as a general-purpose cleaner and stain remover, Krud Kutter is actually a factotum. It has a formulation that is ideally suited for getting rid of any Krud that could affect the appearance of your tiles. Its formulation is actually so powerful that you can even remove grease and similar dense, oily materials from your grout, clothing, tiles and many other types of materials and surfaces.
In addition to being powerful, it is also effortless to use. To use it, spray it on the entire “affected” area and after a few moments of application, simply wipe it off. Remember that after the first coat, you do not need to wait or repeat the application over and over again to complete the job.
The second coat of Krud Kutter may only be necessary if the dirt is extremely stubborn.
Overall, it is a versatile and powerful product that sometimes must be diluted before being applied to certain surfaces, such as clothing, wood, etc.
For cleaning tiles and grouts, however, you would not want to dilute the solution. In addition, its formulation is non-toxic, safe, 100% biodegradable, and is suitable for both commercial and residential use.
Clorox Scrubtastic Multi-Purpose Surface Scrubber and Cleaner, 1 Pack, White, Grey
$29.99 in stock
- CONVENIENT POWER CLEANING TOOL: Use the power of motion to get a deep clean with less effort. Clorox Scrubtastic multi-purpose powered cleaning tool uses over 300 RPM to scrub away tough stains or dirt with ease. With the 39" extendable handle, reach and clean high areas areas like ceilings or even airconditioning vents. Time to say good bye to those back-breaking manual scrubbers or unsafe cleaning practices when reaching to clean high places!NEW Flat Surface brush for, well flat surfaces; and the larger Round brush for bigger jobs or smooth surfaces like bathroom tiles. For best results, use in conjunction with your favorite Clorox cleaner to make tough cleaning jobs simple!
- NEW & IMPROVED: Longer battery and increased torque for better performance - get 30+ minutes operational power with 20% longer battery life and better cleaning results with 15% improved torque!
- CORDLESS & RECHARGEABLE: Cordless scrubbing makes cleaning a breeze and hassle-free. Plug-in and charge Clorox Scrubtastic for the first time for 4 hours, followed by 4 to 6-hour subsequent charges after each use. Secure that all parts are connected and firmly attached together to ensure proper charging.
- ALL-AROUND CLEANER: Clorox Scrubtastic comes with 3 brush heads – Grout brush for difficult-to-reach or tight spaces; Flat Surface brush for, well flat surfaces; and the larger Round brush for bigger jobs or smooth surfaces like bathroom tiles. For best results, use in conjunction with your favorite Clorox cleaner to make tough cleaning jobs simple!
The market is flooded with small markers and tools that have a brush at the end and release their own specialized formulation to help you get rid of dirt and bacteria from narrow corners and joints. The formulation generally includes antibacterial agents, strong cleaning agents, and some products even contain restorative surfactants.
One of the main reasons for the popularity of these small markers and pens is the fact that they are quite easy to use in a small corner and often work surprisingly much better than other professional tools.
The Clorox Grout Cleaning Brush is one of them, equipped with a brush with high-quality bristles and surprisingly powerful formula that not only helps to remove hard water stains, dirt, bacteria, but can also remove grease, soap scum and much more. In addition, its formulation is composed of certain compounds that have antibacterial properties. These compounds can remain on the applied surface even after being washed, ensuring a clean and hygienic surface for an extended period of time.
Clorox is widely popular for its bleaching products, and it is quite common for ordinary people to misunderstand this product as another bleaching product. But be assured that it is a professional grout cleaner that does not contain any bleaching agents and can, therefore, be applied even on sensitive surfaces such as marbles. Though it cannot be included in the environmentally friendly product category, you can be assured that it is non-toxic and probably the best and easiest to use in the grout cleaner category.
Ultimate Grout Cleaner: Best Cleaner for Tile,Ceramic,Porcelain, Marble Acid-Free Safe Deep Cleaner & Stain Remover for Even The Dirtiest Grout. (1-Quart)
- NOT FOR MOLD OR MILDEW but kicks butt on grease dirt grime and stains.
- STRONG ENOUGH FOR COMMERCIAL USE. A deep cleaner for grease, dirt, food spills and soap scum
- GUARANTEED TO CLEAN EVEN THE DIRTIEST GROUT, best way to clean grout.
- NOT FOR CALCIUM, MOLD OR WATER SPOTS. Made in San Clemente CA USA
- BEST GROUT CLEANER FOR CLEANING GROUT Acid-Free safe for white and colored grout.
If you are on the market for the highest quality grout cleaner, your only choice should be the black diamond ultimate grout cleaner. It is in both online and offline stores and is one of the most recommended products on Amazon. In fact, it is Amazon’s choice in the grout cleaning category, and since its launch, it has consistently maintained its top-selling label.
On Amazon alone, it has received 4.5/5-stars based on 2000 customer reviews, so it is evident that most of its customers are very satisfied with it.
The question is, therefore, what makes this grout cleaner such a popular product.
Well, its popularity can be attributed to both its competitive prices and its quality assurance. Despite the fact that its formulation is probably the most powerful and effective of all the other products in its category, its price is so generous that no one wants to miss the opportunity to try it. Moreover, even though its formulation is very powerful, it does not use any type of acid and can, therefore, be used on ceramic and marble surfaces though it should be noted that it is not recommended to use it on painted surfaces due to its strength.
It is also advisable not to use this product to clean mold, mildew, water stains, or calcium because it is not indented for these basic uses. If you want to get rid of these problems, you should probably use a basic general-purpose cleaner. However, if you want to remove grease, soap stains, and dirt between tiles, you will not find any other product on the market more suitable than Black Diamond Tile and Grout Cleaner.
Marble Life 0159 Marblelife Mold & Mildew Cleaner and Remover
- Specially formulated to Clean THE STAINS LEFT BEHIND from mold, mildew, algae and fungus.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee Plus
- Supported by World's Leading Stone Service Company
- Eco-Friendly & Made in America
- Safe and Effective, Low Odor
The majority of products available on the market focus on cleaning, dirt, and grime. They would certainly be effective in their work, but most of them do not address the most crucial problem below them, namely fungi, mold, and mildew. These powerful and effective grout cleaners can have a formula that helps you remove grease and dirt, but they do not attack mold that continues to grow and spread below the surface.
The Marble life mold and mildew remover is a specialized product that can help you get rid of problems that other product fails to address. Its formulation is comprised of compounds that help to eliminate algae, molds, fungi, etc.
I, therefore, suggest that you keep this product with any of the three grout cleaners mentioned above in your cleaning supplies. You do not need to use both at the same time. I will suggest that you create a cleaning schedule in which you will be orderly switching from one type of product to another, allowing you not only to keep your tiles clean but to improve the hygiene of your room as well.
Verdict: Best Grout Cleaners
There is absolutely no reason to stick to a single best grout cleaner. In fact, I suggest you try different types of cleaning products and see which one is best suited to your needs. But never forget to keep cleaning products available that will help you get rid of both dirt and algae in-between and below your tiles.